Saturday, January 8, 2011

January 8th Remember Grandma - TuTu

Natalie put this beautiful page together of Tutu - Mary Waddoups Bradford - our grandmother.Natalie has the most beautiful thoughts and pictures of Tutu on her blog. (Go to her blog at nholbrook02.blogspot.com to see them.) Look on the right side of my blog for her link.

Tutu passed away 2 years ago today. (Just a few hours after Noah Baker, our sweet neighbor and friend passed away.) It was a wonderful thing for her. She was soooo ready to go home and ready to be with her dear husband, Grandpa Raws. I can only imagine the reunion they had and the joy she now feels being with him. She always said that death was like walking through a door into the next "room of your life." I hope it's that easy for me. :)

Thank you Tutu for your love of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Thank you for helping me want to be a more Christlike soul, like you. Thank you for making me laugh. Thank you for teaching me manners and effeciancy. Thank you for serving your whole life, to bring the word of God to those around you, especially in Hawaii. Thank you for serving missions. Thank you for making me feel important and loved. Thank you for raising my dad, to love the Lord and to be a great man. You kept the chain of faith and "enduring"
strong, so that I would have the knowledge of God in my life. (May I keep that chain strong for those I have raised and love!) Can't wait to see you again.....

1 comment:

  1. Wow Laura I love this post - so glad for all the thank yous, it's as if it's from each of us. This reminds me again how fortunate each of us are to have her example and love, now on both sides of the veil. :) N

    ReplyDelete