Sunday, January 29, 2012

I have been reading a book that Mary suggested I read, called "It's Hard to Make a Difference When You Can't Find Your Keys" by Marilyn Paul, Ph. D. 

I have to admit it here and now.  I am disorganized.  I want to be organized.  My parents were organized.  My siblings are organized.  My neighbors are organized.  So why can't I seem to get it right.  I've tried everything I can think of.  I have read plenty of books.  I have dejunked my house like crazy many times.  I have gotten organized, but every time I get there, it falls apart again.  Hmmmmmm?

Dr. Paul confesses about herself, "What was my problem?  How could I fix it?  I had accomplished a lot in life.  How come I couldn't master... (this)?  It felt like it had a life of it's own."  She goes on, "Clearing up your messes gives you a chance to encounter the physical world and recraft your sense of mastery in it, to redirect your energy toward what has the most personal meaning for you." I like that.

Today I'm grateful for a renewed hope in getting and staying organized. 

I'm also grateful for my son Skylar.  His missionary papers are in the hands of the Stake President.  They'll be sent off to SLC on Thursday.  Sky is a remarkable young man.  I'm very grateful for his choice to serve the Lord. To teach the gospel.  To follow the prophet of God.  I told Natalie about a choice he made last week.  She blogged about it.  (You can read it here!)  nholbrook02.blogspot.com  He's just an easy kid to be around.  I'm excited to hear where he is going.  He really wants to go to Africa or some adventurous place, but will be fine with wherever he goes.  We'll see, maybe in a week or more.








No comments:

Post a Comment