Thursday, January 27, 2011

Bennett Scott Wilkinson's Passing


On Saturday morning, we learned that Amanda and Dave Wilkinson's baby boy had passed away in the night. There seems to be no apparant reason after all autopsies have come back. He was 18 months old. Our hearts' are all broken this week, my sense of life and death altered again and my children seem less mine, more of God's really. We have little control of things in this life. It's fragile, with NO guarentees. Relationships are all that really matters in the end and how we love one another.

Mandy asked me yesterday, "Can I do this"? Yes Mandy, I told her, you can. Time is a healer, but it will take alot of time. And she and Dave will, with intense grief and graciousness. They are so strong and so capable in all aspects, yet nobody is truly prepared for this kind of experience! I don't care who you are. Time helps, it does. Oh, how I love them. How my heart aches for them and Stana, Scott and all the family! Today is the funeral. I don't want to feel pain!

Mary and Baden and kids came to visit. It has been so fun to be with them. Sophie, "Bofus", as they are calling her, LOL, is adorably cute and so much bigger. It has been a total joy having them here and Mary has been a huge help to the Wilkinsons and Kjars! Russell has RSV again, so my prayers are for him today!

No comments:

Post a Comment